From beautiful sunsets to local entertainment; from the history of the island to amazing nightlife, Key West is a destination that is sure to please! That’s why I’m excited to announce, beginning today, Southwest Airlines has officially landed in the Florida Keys!
Southwest will serve the southernmost point of Florida with two daily departures to Key West International Airport from Tampa International Airport (TPA) and Orlando International Airport (MCO). This is exciting news, because it only makes sense that one of the most Fun-LUVing airlines would serve one of the most FUN and unique cities in the country.
With Southwest’s daily nonstop service to TPA and MCO, Key West Customers will be introduced to our legendary Customer Service, as well as our vast network, connecting passengers to an additional 75 destinations across the country! And that’s not all … beginning in March, Southwest will begin service to Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, connecting Duval Street to Bourbon Street!
We’re celebrating our inaugural Key West service today with a nationwide Twitter contest! We’re encouraging our followers to take part in Key West’s historic Sunset Celebration. The Sunset Celebration is a Key West staple where local street performers come out to Mallory Square, in the heart of the city, and perform for the thousands of tourists who have made their way to the docks for the sunset. There are all sorts of street performers, from flame eaters to tightrope walkers, jugglers to escape artists; of course, we do not recommend eating fire! But, we do challenge you to find your inner talent that you would perform at Mallory Square.
Take a video of your talent and upload the video to YouTube. Submissions should be tweeted to @southwestair with the hashtag #LUVKeyWest. Please view contest rules below.
1. To Enter: No purchase or obligation necessary. Contest runs from Nov. 4, 8 a.m. - CT – Nov. 11, 2012 11:59 p.m. CT (“Contest Period”). To enter, you must have a YouTube account and a Twitter account by 3:00p.m.. C.T. Nov. 5, 2012, and tweet your video displaying your talent that you would perform at Mallory Square to @southwestair via your YouTube account using the hashtag #LUVKeyWest during the Contest Period. The entrant’s YouTube account must be public. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Southwest. Southwest Airlines’ computer is the official time keeping device for the contest. Southwest is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, or other technological glitches.
By entering, Entrant grants Sponsor an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, freely transferable license to use the video for all purposes, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised. Entries may not violate any third party rights nor use any third-party intellectual property such as logos, music, or background signs. Entrants acknowledge and agree that their entry does not violate any rights of privacy or publicity and that they have the written permission of those appearing in their video to submit their image. Entries must not disparage; contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, or vulgar; or promote bigotry, racism, hatred or discrimination based on race, gender, religion, sexual orientation.
Entries are limited to one (1) per person. Sponsor is under no obligation to post any entry.
2. Eligibility: Contest open to all legal US residents, 21 years and older with a YouTube and a Twitter account by 3:00p.m.. C.T. Nov. 5, 2012. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Contest subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree to these official rules and accept decisions of the Sponsor as final. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Employees and directors of Southwest Airlines, AirTran Airways, and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households are ineligible to participate or win.
The promotion is offered in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed in this site if you are not located in the United States.
3. Judging & Prizes: The videos will be judged and the winners selected by a Southwest Airlines panel of judges from the Communications Department on or about Nov. 13, 2012.
The judges will be judging on the following qualities:
• Creativity and Originality: 20%
• Entertaining: 25%
• Southwest Appeal: 35% Entry should reflect our Culture and Fun-LUVing Attitude
• Rules: 20% Read and complied with the Official Rules
All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded.
4. Prize: One (1) Grand Prize will consist oftwo (2) roundtrip airline tickets on Southwest Airlines to/from the closest major airport to winner's residence served by Southwest Airlines on published, scheduled service (subject to Southwest Airlines’ terms and conditions; certain restrictions may apply). No substitutions, cash equivalents or transfers of a Grand Prize permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Winner and guest, if any, must travel on dates and times specified by Sponsor. Exact travel dates are at the discretion of Sponsor. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Tickets will expire November 30, 2013 and the expiration date will not be extended. Tickets will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Tickets may not be sold to a third party. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of Grand Prize is approximately $800.00.
5. To Claim Prize: Potential Winners only will be notified by Direct Message via Twitter, and will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release, which must be returned within seven (7) days after prize notification or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If prize notification letter is returned undeliverable, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. Grand Prize winner’s guest, or if minor(s) their parent(s)/legal guardian(s), must execute Liability Releases, and where legal, Publicity Releases prior to the issuance of travel documents. Unclaimed or undeliverable prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Prize is guaranteed to be awarded. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner’s name, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity in any media without additional compensation.
6. Limitation of Liability: Neither Sponsor, nor their affiliated entities, are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any related materials; stolen, fraudulent, entries or mail; or transactions that are processed or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction. Winner is solely responsible for payment of all federal, state, and local taxes on prize and for any travel or other expenses not specifically mentioned in prize description. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify Contest if fraud or technical failure compromise the integrity of the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. This Contest offer is being made exclusively by Sponsor.
Sponsor not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission whether caused by Sponsor, user, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the process of submissions which may limit a participant’s ability to participate in this promotion.
7. Winners List: To request a Winners’ Name List, send a self addressed stamped return envelope, after Nov. 13, 2012, to:
Southwest Airlines Emerging Media Dept.
2502 Love Field Drive
Dallas, TX 75235
All requests must be received by Nov. 16, 2012. Utah and Washington residents may omit return postage.
8. Sponsor: Southwest Airlines Co. 2702 Love Field Drive, HDQ ____, Dallas, Texas 75235