I don't know about where you live, but here in Dallas, it already feels like summer. Below are a few great tips and small changes that will help you go green (reduce electricity usage) and save green (money) during the hot summer months:
• Keep blinds and curtains closed during the hottest parts of the day. It will help keep your house cooler.
• Turn off your A/C when you are not home or set it for a higher temperature.
• Use a programmable thermostat to regulate your system. This will keep the temperature more constant and help you remember things like turning the A/C to a warmer temperature when you aren't home.
• Don't forget to unplug appliances and chargers so they aren't drawing power while you are gone on a well-deserved vacation.
• Service your air conditioners. Clean or replace the filters, because clean airways help the air conditioner work more efficiently.
Stay cool this summer, and let us know how you live and work Green by posting your comments below. DING! You are now free to be Green.