If you’re like me and weren’t brave enough to venture out on Black Friday and go shopping (I don’t have enough football padding to survive that madness) and you missed Cyber Monday, there are still plenty of deals out there to be had.
If you want to save green and be green, I have just the shopping fix for you. Nonprofit organization Green America is pushing for a new annual holiday shopping tradition—Green Tuesday (that’s today!). To kick off the first Green Tuesday, Green America is offering new deals and discounts every 24 to 48 hours from national and local green online businesses on GreenDeals.org. Since its launch one year ago, GreenDeals.org has acquired more than 160,000 green members and has featured over 150 deals from green businesses. If you love giving great holiday gifts, while also giving back to the Planet, you’ll love this green “Groupon-esque” spin-off.
Here are just a few deals and discounts you’ll find:
- Fromwartopeace.com – Jewelry made from recycled nuclear bomb equipment;
- Backtotheroots.com – Indoor mushroom garden kit (as featured in the Wall Street Journal)
- Driwater.com – Self-watering system for indoor or outdoor plants
- Organic Essence Lip Balm – USDA organic certified balm for chapped lips this winter
- Better World Club Annual Membership – The green auto (and bicycle!) club
- Indigenous Designs Clothing – Stylish fair trade and organic clothes for women and men
If you can’t find what you’re looking for on GreenDeals.org, I encourage you to check out GreenPages.org or Green America’s Holiday Green Gift Guide, which both feature great deals on green products.
Let us know how you plan on greening up your holiday shopping by commenting below. DING! You are now free to be green!