Spring Break is fast approaching, the kids are almost out of school, and you’re desperate for a vacation. Check out these five tips to go Green on your upcoming vacation—without the hassle.
- Purchase reusable containers for your beauty products instead of the convenience-sized containers at the drug store. On your next trip, you can just refill them with your usual products—and you’re keeping extra plastic out of the landfills, too!
- Bring a reusable water thermos. This will keep you from having to repeatedly purchase water bottles on your trip and tossing them in the trash.
- Unplug all energy sources in your home prior to leaving. Turn off your heat or air conditioning, unplug all appliances, and ensure all lights are off or on safety timers. “Phantom loads” can cost the average household $150 per year, so save that cash for your next vacation!
- Enjoy the great outdoors. Pack some food and stretch your legs in the great outdoors by checking out local parks. Our friends at The National Parks Foundation offer a great list of parks, no matter where your journey takes you.
- Consider staying at a “Green” hotel. Check out Green Hotels Association for a list of accredited members. Extended stay hotels and cabin rentals are also great options, as they are designed to be energy efficient!
Being Green while on vacation can also save you some big Green, too. Have any tips on how YOU are eco-friendly during your personal retreats? Let us know by commenting below or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. DING! You are now free to be Green!