• Go local! Look for in-season fruits and vegetables that are grown locally.
• Try alternative transportation! Look for a picnic destination that’s easy to get to by biking, walking, or using public transportation. Check out Rails-to-Trails Conservancy’s Trail Link database to discover new hiking, biking, and equestrian adventures that await you and your picnic basket.
• Pack it up! For food storage and leftovers, pack reusable containers.
• Go reusable! Use cloth napkins and tablecloths for your outdoor fun. A great tip from www.earthshare.com is to repurpose old bandanas and bed sheets that you don’t mind getting dirty.
• Don’t be trashy! Remember to take your waste with you. Leftover picnic food in trashcans is often tempting to park animals. Bring an extra storage container for food waste and a tote bag for recycling.
How do you live, work, and picnic Green? Let us know by commenting below!
DING! You are now free to be Green!