Well, it was a record-breaking stretch of hot weather that impacted the eastern half of the country last week and this past weekend, with many records broken, including quite a few all-time record high temperatures.
Thankfully, the heat wave has been broken, with much more seasonal temperatures across the East and Midwest this week. It will also be mostly dry from New England westward into the Great Lakes and Midwest, with most of the showers and thunderstorms this week in the Southeast, Florida, and the southern Plains.
Here are this week’s weather highlights:
- Looks like much of Texas will get some much needed rain the first few days of the week. Good coverage of showers and thunderstorms through about mid-week, with some heavy rain also possible (HOU, AUS, SAT, DAL, CRP, AMA, LBB, and MAF). An added bonus will be that temps will also be a bit below normal much of the week with the rain and clouds around.
- After a record-breaking week of hot temperatures in the Midwest, Great Lakes, and Northeast, relief has come in the form of some great summer weather this week (MDW, MKE, MSP, OMA, MCI, STL, IND, CMH, DAY, CLE, CAK, DTW, FNT, GRR, PIT, BUF, ROC, ALB, BOS, BDL, PVD, and MHT). Temperatures mostly in the 80s during the day, 60s at night, and mostly dry conditions through at least late week. Enjoy!
- It will be cooler as well from NYC south to the BWI-DC area, but with some isolated showers and thunderstorms possible from time to time through the week, as a front will be stalled out just south of the area. However, even with that chance, most of the time it will be dry through late week. A better chance of precipitation comes next weekend (EWR, LGA, PHL, BWI, IAD, DCA, ISP, and HPN).
- Across the Southeast down into Florida, above normal coverage of scattered showers and thunderstorms looks likely through most of the week into next weekend, as a front stays stalled across the area for several days (ATL, BHM, HSV, BNA, MEM, LIT, JAN, MSY, GSP, CLT, MCO, TPA, RSW, SRQ, PBI, FLL, EYW, ECP, PNS, and JAX).
- The hot weather will be out west this week, especially early and mid-week, with high temps in the 111-115 degree range at PHX and LAS, and 100-105 degrees at places including SLC, RNO, BOI, and SMF. Also, after some welcome rain this past weekend, DEN will have a good break from any thunderstorms for a few days during the early-to-middle part of the week.
Have a wonderful week!
This information is not intended for dispatching purposes.