DO YOU AND YOUR “PEANUT” FLY SOUTHWEST AIRLINES?
Southwest Introduces Mommy Blogger and Announces Contest
DALLAS –May 8, 2009–In honor of Mother's Day, Southwest Airlines is introducing its mommy blogger, Jessica Turner, and launching a campaign called My Peanut and I Fly Southwest. To celebrate the launch, Southwest Airlines also is giving away one family four-pack of airline tickets to any destination the airline serves.
Southwest Airlines has created a variety of My Peanut and I Fly Southwest online buttons for moms and dads who fly with their kids. Parents who post the online button on their blog, Facebook profile, and/or other social media sites are eligible to win the prize pack.
“At Southwest, we love families and blogging, so inviting Jessica to be our mommy blogger made perfect sense for our Company,” said Paula Berg, Manger of Emerging Media. “The My Peanut and I Fly Southwest button is a fun way for bloggers and social media participants to show their Southwest support – and maybe even win a great vacation package.”
“I’ve always called my son, Elias, a little peanut, so I’m very excited about this campaign,” said Southwest Mommy blogger Jessica Turner. “I am proud to represent parents across America who fly Southwest with their kids. The online button is such an easy way for parents like me to show our love for travel and Southwest.”
The My Peanut and I Fly Southwest buttons are available on the Nuts About Southwest blog. For a chance to win a family four-pack of airline tickets, simply post a My Peanut and I Fly Southwest button somewhere online, then leave a comment on the May 8 Nuts About Southwest blog post about the buttons. Be sure to include a link to where you posted the button. If you post the button on multiple sites (ie: your blog and Facebook page), please leave one comment for each link. This contest ends May 31, 2009.
To download the My Peanut and I Fly Southwest buttons, visit:
To read a blog post from our new Mommy Blogger, visit: http://www.blogsouthwest.com/blog/my-peanut-and-i-fly-southwest-contest
For more information on traveling with kids, visit: http://www.southwest.com/travel_center/taking_the_kids_index.html
About Southwest Airlines Mommy Blogger Jessica Turner
Jessica Turner is Southwest Airlines’ new resident mommy blogger. Her guest blog posts and video blogs will focus on traveling with her baby, tips she discovers, and family-friendly activities to experience around the country. When she isn't traveling, she enjoys spending time with her family, working, blogging and scrapbooking. She and her husband, Matthew, live in Nashville, Tenn., with their ten-month-old peanut, Elias, who is currently into everything!
After nearly 38 years of service, Southwest Airlines, the nation's leading low-fare carrier, continues to differentiate itself from other airlines -- offering a reliable product with exemplary Customer Service. Southwest Airlines is the most productive airline in the sky and offers Customers a comfortable traveling experience. Southwest offers a very comfortable ride with all premium leather seats and plenty of legroom with a young all Boeing 737 fleet. Southwest recently updated its gate areas and improved its boarding procedure to make flying Southwest even more convenient and simple. Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV), the nation's largest carrier in terms of domestic passengers enplaned, currently serves 65 cities (will begin service to Boston Logan and New York LaGuardia later this year) in 33 states. Based in Dallas, Southwest currently operates more than 3,300 flights a day and has more than 35,000 Employees systemwide.
OFFICIAL RULES - Southwest Airlines Contest
1. To Enter: No purchase or obligation necessary. Contest runs May 8, 2009 at 8:00 am CST- to May 31, 2009 at 11:59 pm CST. To enter without purchase or obligation, you must download and post a My Peanut and I Fly Southwest button somewhere online, then leave a comment under the blog post with a link to where you posted the button.
2. Drawing: On or about June 1, 2009, a random drawing from all eligible entries received will be conducted by independent judges whose decisions are final. Entrants need not be present to win. All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
3. Prize: One (1) Grand Prize to consist of 4 roundtrip tickets on Southwest $1600. Value of Prize is approximately $1600
4. Eligibility: Contest open to all legal US residents, 18 years and older as of March 20, 2009. Employees of Southwest Airlines Co., its advertising and promotions agencies, and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Contest subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree to these official rules and accept decisions of the Sponsor as final. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. The promotion is offered in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed in this site if you are not located in the United States.
5. To Claim Prize: Winner only will be notified by Southwest Airlines via email, and will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release, which must be returned within seven (7) days after prize notification or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If prize notification letter is returned undeliverable, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing. Grand Prize winner’s guests, or if minor(s) their parent(s)/legal guardian(s), must execute Liability Releases, and where legal, Publicity Releases prior to the issuance of travel documents. Unclaimed or undeliverable prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Prize is guaranteed to be awarded. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner’s name, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in any media without additional compensation.
6. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any related materials; stolen, fraudulent, entries or mail; or transactions that are processed or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction. Winner is solely responsible for payment of all federal, state, and local taxes on prize and for any travel or other expenses not specifically mentioned in prize description. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify Contest if fraud or technical failures compromise the integrity of the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. This Contest offer is being made exclusively by Sponsor.
Sponsor not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission whether caused by Sponsor, user, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the process of submissions which may limit a participant’s ability to participate in this promotion.
7. Winner’s List: To request a Winner’s Name List, send a self addressed stamped return envelope, after June 1, 2009, to Southwest Airlines Emerging Media. All requests must be received by June 20, 2009. Utah and Washington residents may omit return postage. Winner’s Name List will also be published on Southwest Airlines Web Site around June 1, 2009 after 12:00 pm CST.
8. Sponsor: Southwest Airlines Co., P.O. Box 36611, Dallas, TX. 75235-1611
Media Please Contact:
Public Relations at 214/792-4847