Now that it’s officially summer, families from around the world are making travel plans to visit Orlando. And what better place for a summer getaway than Orlando – the home to sun, fun, and endless smiles? In fact, that’s why I love to live in Orlando. As the social media content developer for Visit Orlando, I’m lucky enough to have the opportunity to experience the great things Orlando has for visitors as my job. Here are my top 5 reasons why, to me, it’s the best place to be:
- There’s always so much new to see and do! This year alone the theme parks have kicked-it up a notch with some amazing new attractions. Swim with dolphins and get face to face with playful otters and curious marmosets at Discovery Cove’s Freshwater Oasis (pictured above). Journey into the life of a sea turtle at SeaWorld’s TurtleTrek, a first-of-its-kind 3-D/360-degree dome shaped theater; at the Universal Orlando Resort don 3-D glasses to get minionized at Despicable Me Minion Mayhem; and I’m getting very exciting about all of the cool things are coming to life at Fantasyland throughout this year.
- I admit that I’m an adrenaline junkie, and there are so many thrills beyond the roller coasters, like taking the wheel and putting the pedal to the metal of a Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini or an Audi at the Exotic Driving Experience. Just a couple of weeks ago I was swooping, twisting and dipping through the tree tops at Florida Eco Safaris at Forever Florida’s on The Rattlesnake, the first and only roller coaster zip line in the U.S.
- I love to workout outside and Orlando’s weather, trails, paths and other work-out friendly locations make it easy to wake up early and get a nice workout in. Lake Eola in downtown Orlando is one of my favorite spots because the people-watching and scenery makes it so much more enjoyable.
- Of course, after a good workout, it’s time to refuel! Orlando offers so many different cuisines and many with amazing outdoor patios. I have many favorites but LUMA on Park in Winter Park wins the medal with their outside seating and amazing wine selection. Additionally, Fogo de Chão, a Brazilian Steakhouse, is where I get a taste of ridiculously delicious steaks while my wife gets a taste of home.
- Orlando is called The City Beautiful for a reason. I recently went to Blue Springs State Park and I loved being out in nature, strolling around the park and paddling in a canoe being accompanied by manatees. It’s was a breathtaking experience.
Eddie Delgado is a Puerto Rican Native, but Orlando is his true home. As the social media content developer for Visit Orlando, Eddie manages content on Visit Orlando’s social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, Pintrest, Instagram and VisitOrlando.com/blog. He’s never without his iPhone and is probably tweeting right now.