How are you celebrating LUV Day? As the official LUV Airline, we’re making Valentine’s dreams a reality by surprising dozens of Customers from Coast to Coast with $500 in southwestgiftcards®! And that’s not all! Our LUVing Customers nationwide have a chance to win $1,000 in southwestgiftcards® to enjoy their very own LUV travels by going on our Facebook page and liking our LUV Day video!
Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to spread the LUV to our Customers! Unsuspecting Passengers were greeted by Southwest Airlines Employees and gifted with $500 in southwestgiftcards®, giving them the freedom to fly to any of Southwest’s 96 destinations. Whether looking to visit a LUVed one or to take someone special on a getaway, we’re making it possible this Valentine’s Day by giving the gift of travel. The southwestgiftcard® is easy to redeem online at southwest.com, by phone at 1-800- I FLY SWA, or at any Southwest Airlines ticket counter. No fees. No expiration. Ever! See official rules below for details.
If you are still looking for a gift, don’t get them something, get them somewhere. Happy LUV Day—the Southwest way!
LUV Day in a Big Way Sweepstakes Official Rules
Sweepstakes: LUV Day in a Big Way
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. How to Enter the Sweepstakes
a. Southwest Airlines’ LUV Day in a Big Way (“Sweepstakes”) will run for a portion of February 14, 2014. (“Sweepstakes Period”).
The Sweepstakes entry period is:
February 14: 6:00 a.m. C.T. until 11:59 p.m. C.T.
During the Sweepstakes entry period potential entrants should “like” the video posted to our Southwest Airlines Fan Page on Facebook® to enter the Sweepstakes and be directed to the official rules on the Nuts About Southwest blog.
b. To participate in the Sweepstakes, you may enter via the following method:
“Like” the video posted to our Southwest Airlines Fan Page on Facebook®. All entries submitted will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Southwest. Southwest Airlines’ computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes. Southwest is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches. By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to abide by these Official Rules and acknowledge that this Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook® and you agree to hold Facebook® and each of their parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of same harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from use or misuse of a prize or participation in the Sweepstakes.
c. One “like” per person is permitted for the Sweepstakes entry period. Any person found using multiple Facebook® accounts to enter will be found to be ineligible.
2. Eligibility Restrictions
a. The Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, excluding Rhode Island, who are 18 years of age or older and the age of majority in their place of residence and have a valid e-mail address and Facebook® account as of the beginning of any Sweepstakes entry period. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law. The Sweepstakes is offered only in the United States. Employees of Southwest Airlines, AirTran Airways, and the members of their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
b. Only one winner per household is permitted in any Sweepstakes administered by Southwest Airlines.
c. Entrants are required to provide truthful information and Sponsor will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. Sponsor will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and will also delete any entry received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
a. Grand Prize: One (1) winner will be awarded ten (10) Southwest Airlines southwestgiftcard® in the amount of $100.00 each; totaling $1,000. Gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions listed below. The southwestgiftcard® may not be sold to a third party. Prize must be accepted as awarded. Total Approximate Prize Value (“APV”) of the grand prize is $1,000.00.
No prize substitutions, or cash equivalent of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prize subject to availability and the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to award a prize of greater or equal value if the advertised prize is unavailable. Taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the prize are solely the responsibility of the winner.
b. In the event that a prize is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. Sponsor is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize.
c. southwestgiftcard® Terms & Conditions
- i. A southwestgiftcard is non-refundable.
- ii. A southwestgiftcard has no expiration date.
- iii. A southwestgiftcard is fully transferrable.
- iv. A southwestgiftcard is not replaceable if lost, stolen, or destroyed.
- v. A southwestgiftcard is VOID if altered or obtained fraudulently.
- vi. A southwestgiftcard has no value until activated. It is activated after payment clears.
- vii. A southwestgiftcard is not a credit or debit card and has no implied warranties.
- viii. Southwest Airlines reserves the right, and holder or purchaser of the card agrees that Southwest Airlines may at any time change the terms of the program or contract with another third party to administer the southwestgiftcard program.
- ix. A southwestgiftcard may not be resold by any unlicensed vendor under penalty of law; unlawful resale or attempted resale is grounds for seizure and cancellation without compensation.
- x. A southwestgiftcard can only be used for Passenger travel on Southwest Airlines, excluding Southwest Airlines group tickets.
- xi. A southwestgiftcard may only be redeemed at southwest.com, by calling Southwest Airlines at 1-800-435-9792 (1-800 I FLY SWA) and at Southwest Airlines ticket counter locations.
- xii. A southwestgiftcard is not valid for the purchase of Southwest Airlines Vacation Packages and Jackpot Deals® packages, cargo, hotel, rental car, Southwest Airlines merchandise, Southwest Airlines group tickets, additional southwestgiftcards, EarlyBird Check-In, international baggage fees, or inflight purchases.
- xiii. Domestic oversized and excess baggage, sales tax, security fees, passenger facilities charges, pet fare, and unaccompanied minor service charge may be paid for with a southwestgiftcard.
- xiv. Each purchase is deducted from the balance of the card. If the ticket price is greater than the value of the southwestgiftcard, the difference may be paid with a credit card, Southwest LUV voucher and/or available Travel Funds. In addition, cash, and paper gift certificates can be used for the remaining balance at airport locations only. If the ticket price is less than the value of the southwestgiftcard, the balance will remain on the card until it is decreased to zero, at which time the card will be deactivated.
- xv. Up to four southwestgiftcards can be applied toward one reservation. Our payment system limits the total form of payments, so, if the balance of the itinerary is more than the amount of all four gift cards, you will only be able to use three of your gift cards so that the balance can be paid with another form of payment that will cover the balance of the reservation (i.e. credit card). The following is our policy in regards to forms of payment: Southwest Airlines accepts up to two unused Ticketless Travel tickets per passenger (are always applied first) and up to four of the following in any combination: southwestgiftcards, Southwest LUV vouchers, Ticketless Travel funds (left over funds not previously used), and one credit card.
- xvi. A southwestgiftcard will not be redeemed or exchanged for cash, check or credit except where required by federal or applicable state law.
- xvii. A southwestgiftcard cannot be redeemed through a travel agency.
- xviii. A southwestgiftcard redeemed for travel is not refundable. If travel is not taken, the funds will be held as travel funds with an expiration date. If applied with any other accepted form(s) of payment, the earliest expiration date of all forms of payment applies.
- xix. For any additional questions, call 214-932-0333.
4. Selection of Winner: On or about February 17, 2014 a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the entry period will be conducted by Sponsor. Sponsor’s decisions are final on matters relating to this sweepstakes. Prize is guaranteed to be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Potential winner will be notified via either Facebook® or via e-mail. Entrants need not be present to win.
Potential winner notification will be made on or about February 17, 2014, by Sponsor. Potential winner will be asked to contact Southwest via private message on the entrant’s Facebook entry. Once a potential winner and Southwest make contact via private message, an e-mail will be sent to the potential winner in order to validate their account. Once the validation occurs, potential winner must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release in which they agree to hold Sponsor, Facebook, and each of their parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of same harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from use or misuse of a prize or participation in the Sweepstakes. The affidavit will be mailed or emailed based on the potential winner’s preference upon account validation and must be executed and returned within seven (7) days or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be chosen. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, is unable to validate their account, fails to sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. Upon timely completion and return of required affidavit and release, winner should expect to receive their prize in the mail within two weeks.
a. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winner may be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent.
b. By participating in the Sweepstakes, the winner agrees to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Sweepstakes, including the Winner’s information, without additional financial or other compensation unless prohibited by law, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
c. Southwest Airlines is not responsible for lost, stolen, mangled, miss-delivered, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries, telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from entering or claiming a prize.
d. Sponsor in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of Southwest Airlines website, or otherwise in violation of the rules. They further reserve the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.
e. Sponsor reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Sweepstakes, including the substitution of a prize of greater or equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement.
f. Failure to comply with the Sweepstakes rules may result in an entrant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of the Sponsor.
g. The Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of a prize.
h. Copies of the written Sweepstakes rules and a list of winner (when complete) are available during regular business hours at Southwest Airlines, Emerging Media P.O. Box 36611, Dallas, TX 75235-1611. For a winner list, send a self-addressed return envelope, after February 17, 2014 All requests must be received by March 14, 2014.
Southwest Airlines Co., Emerging Media, P.O. Box 36611, Dallas, TX 75235-1611.