Traveling and enjoying live music are often cited as great passion points for our society. Pair them up to create a live concert in the sky, and you’ve got quite a story…one that’s told on TLC’s season finale of On the Fly, tonight at 9/8c!
As the official airline of Live in the Vineyard, Southwest partners with various artists to provide the ultimate in-air entertainment experience. TLC’s cameras caught Universal Republic recording artist Mat Kearney as he crooned to a full Southwest flight from Nashville to Chicago.
Live in the Vineyard events occur twice a year, marrying a few other passion points--namely excellent food, amazing wines, and live acoustic music--during an exclusive winner-only experience in Napa Valley.
To give Southwest Customers a taste of this amazing event, we introduced an official Live in the Vineyard decaled Boeing 737 airplane to serve as a venue for Live at 35 – surprise inflight concerts from Live in the Vineyard artists. In addition to Mat Kearney, recording artists SafetySuit, Susan Justice, Green River Ordinance, Eric Hutchinson, Ryan Star, and Kris Allen have all performed Live at 35! Below, you can see a video of Green River Ordinance’s performance onboard.
We can’t believe the first season of On the Fly has already come to a close. This season has brought us laughter, tears, and everything in between. Viewers have loved tuning in week after week to see what our Employees and Customers are up to next. Here are few of the viewer’s responses throughout the season:
- #OnTheFly with @SouthwestAir is a good show. They have great people working for them #enjoyyourflight
- #OnTheFly definitely has the potential to be my newest obsession.
- #OnTheFly working in customer service and now watching this show, whole new respect for everyone who works at airports #patienceofsaints
- Loving #OnTheFly on TLC! It's making me even more excited to start my career :)! ✈
- Watching #OnTheFly this is hilarious...major credit to @SouthwestAir
So be sure to tune in tonight for the season finale! Thanks to all of our Customers for allowing our Southwest Warriors to provide the best service possible, even in some very difficult situations!
And don’t forget to follow along with our trivia while you watch tonight (download it below, after watching the video).