UPDATE: The winner of this contest has been selected and notified! Thanks to everyone that participated!
We’re excited to announce the latest secret show from Southwest’s partner The Artists Den! Next Wednesday, Feb. 9, Robert Plant will rock a very intimate concert in Nashville for some very lucky fans.
As you all know, Southwest has a Whole Lotta LUV for our Customers and online fans and that’s why we want to send one lucky winner and a guest to this very exclusive concert! For a taste of how awesome these events are visit www.theartistsden.com.
The Artists Den has an amazing knack for finding one-of-a-kind locations for these secret shows. Robert Plant, the “Golden God,” will be performing at a famous location in Nashville. Lucky for all of you, Southwest has a backstage pass to the show and wants to get you in on it.
To win a trip to this amazing gig, we’re asking all you fans out there to create a caption for this photo which is from a past Artists Den concert and has a connection with this show. You can post your caption in the comments section below (make sure you are a registered blog user so we can email you if you win!), or you can tweet us your caption and use the hashtag #WholeLottaLUV. All blog comments must be approved by a moderator, so don’t get discouraged if your comment doesn’t show up right away.
So, ready, set, caption. We can’t promise you that you’ll find the stairway to heaven, but we do promise the winner that you’ll have “Kashmir” to keep you warm and you’ll get the chance to see a little “angel dance”!
Be sure to read the rules below for the judging criteria. The winner will be notified by Monday 2/7/2011 by 6:30 pm CST.
Southwest Airlines – The Artists Den Whole Lotta LUV Contest
1. To Enter: No purchase or obligation necessary. Contest runs February 6, 2011 from 8:00 am CST – February 7, 2011 5:30 pm CST. To enter without purchase or obligation, comments must be submitted on Nuts About Southwest or sent to the @southwestair Twitter account using the hashtag #wholelottaluv. All entries become property of the sponsor and will not be returned. Entries limited to one (1) per person. Anonymous entries will be considered invalid. You warrant your comment will not be sexually explicit, unnecessarily violent or derogatory. It cannot promote drugs, alcohol, or firearms. It cannot contain trademarks, logos or copyrighted materials owned by others.
2. Selection of Winner: On or about February 7 at 5pm CST, members of the Southwest Airlines Emerging Media Team will review all eligible entries received and choose a winner. The judges will be judging on the following qualities:
• Creativity and Originality: 20%
• Entertaining: 25%
• Southwest Appeal: 35% - entry should reflect our Culture and Fun-LUVing Attitude.
• Rules: 20% Read and complied with the official rules.
Prizes are guaranteed to be awarded. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
3. Prize: One (1) Grand Prize to consist of two (2) roundtrip tickets on Southwest Airlines from the closest airport to winner’s residence served by Southwest Airlines (subject to Southwest Airlines terms and conditions; certain restrictions may apply), and two (2) tickets to the Artists Den: Robert Plant. (APV – all Artist’s Den tickets are invitation only and free. APV for Southwest Airlines tickets is $800) Grand Prize tickets are non-transferable, and winner and their guest will be required to arrive at the Artist Den event at the same time, each with a valid photo I.D.
4. Eligibility: Contest open to all legal US residents, 21 years and older as of February 4, 2010. Employees of Southwest Airlines Co., the Artists Den, and their advertising and promotions agencies, and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Contest subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree to these official rules and accept decisions of the Sponsor as final. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
The promotion is offered in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed in this site if you are not located in the United States.
5. To Claim Prize: Winner only will be notified by Southwest Airlines via e-mail, and winner must arrange for travel to The Artists Den venue. Unclaimed or undeliverable prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Prize is guaranteed to be awarded. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner’s name, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in any media without additional compensation. Winner and their guest must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within one (1) day of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be chosen. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize.
6. Limitation of Liability: Neither Sponsor, the Artist’s Den, nor their affiliated entities, are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any related materials; stolen, fraudulent, entries or mail; or transactions that are processed or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction. Winner is solely responsible for payment of all federal, state, and local taxes on prize and for any travel or other expenses not specifically mentioned in prize description. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify Contest if fraud or technical failure compromise the integrity of the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. This Contest offer is being made exclusively by Sponsor.
Sponsor not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission whether caused by Sponsor, user, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the process of submissions which may limit a participants ability to participate in this promotion.
7. Winner’s List: To request a Winner’s Name List, send a self addressed stamped return envelope, after February 6, 2011, to Southwest Airlines Emerging Media. All requests must be received by February 28, 2011. Utah and Washington residents may omit return postage.
8. Sponsor: Southwest Airlines Co., P.O. Box 36611, Dallas, TX. 75235-1611